An OST Educator at For Kids Only Afterschool is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience in a fun and enriching afterschool environment. This part-time position is ideal for college students, recent college graduates or any professional who is interested in developing classroom, youth development or mentoring skills. An ideal candidate will believe in the overall mission of FKO, serve as a leader to young students, as well as a key collaborator with parents, caregivers, teachers, and local community groups.
Some key experiences an OST Educator enjoys while working at FKO:
- Provide a positive, safe, fun, and memorable quality experience to all children and families involved in FKO’s afterschool and summer programs;
- Supervise school-aged children enrolled in the program;
- Plan and implement daily academic enrichment classes;
- Facilitate consistent communication with FKO families;
- Encourage children to participate in all activities and realize their full potential;
- Serve as a positive role model and mentor to children enrolled;
- Provide a physically and emotionally safe and fun environment for children to thrive;
- Strive to achieve FKO goals and operate with the character values and mission in mind; and
- Incorporate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all activities and interactions.
OPPORTUNITIES AND INCENTIVES:
- Apply for FREE college courses (funded through the Dept. of Early Education and Care)
- Apply for college scholarship assistance (funded through the Early Childhood Educators Scholarship Program)
- Fulfill internship and practicum experience requirements (upon institution approval)
- Daily paid planning time
- Paid professional development days
- Minimum of 18 years old and pass CORI, Background and Fingerprint Check
- Experience working with school age children (5-14 years of age)
- Creative and fun personality to implement curriculum and activities
- Excited and committed to making a difference in children’s lives
- Willing to accept other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
For Kids Only Afterschool (FKO) is a non-profit, out-of-school time provider based in 18 locations throughout six cities. With a mission to support the holistic needs of children, FKO fully believes learning extends well beyond the classroom, and OST Educators are a key component to building life-long learning skills.